The Frylite Group is the leading supplier of vegetable oil and collectors of used cooking oil in Ireland with its Head Office in Strabane Co Tyrone, and depots in Dublin, Cork, Galway, and Coleraine. Frylite Ltd now wish to recruit a
Senior HGV Mechanic-Reference HGV 0613/
Normal hours of work are 8am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday. Applicants will be required to work flexibly to meet the needs of business. The Senior Mechanic will report to the Transport Manager and be responsible for the maintenance of the Frylite Group fleet which includes rigids, artics, trailers, vans and lorries based throughout all our depots. You will be required to liaise with our driving team and Depot Managers in order to plan for vehicle tests, emergency breakdown repairs, routine maintenance schedules and daily vehicle check repairs. You will also be responsible for the supervision of other mechanics within the team to ensure vehicle turn around times meet customer delivery schedules. Ordering and reconciling of stock parts will also be required within the role.
The successful candidate must
- Have at least 5 years experience of maintaining commercial vehicles
- Knowledge of Operator Licence legislation
- Have good working knowledge of vehicle electrics and hydraulics
- Have good working knowledge of diesel engines
- Have implemented preventative maintenance programmes
- Possess a full driving licence. Possession of a HGV Class 1 license would be an added advantage
- Be willing to travel to other company sites as and when required
Applications forms are available by telephoning Frylite on 028 71 383133. Closing date for applications is Monday 15th July 2013.
Frylite are an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.